Brandesburton is a thriving village with recreational activities catered for with bowls, cricket and tennis clubs; a water ski centre at the Billabong Caravan Park on Hempholme Lane and the Fosse Hill Jet Ski Centre on Catwick Lane. There is also a golf course, fishing ponds and a shooting ground which provides a range of outdoor activities.. There are four caravan parks on the outskirts of the village.
Brandesburton Primary School is a community school that was built in 1843 by Trust on behalf of the Lord Mayor and Aldermen of London. It is housed in the oldest school building still in use as a school in the East Riding of Yorkshire and is a Grade II listed building and the listing extends to the gates, gate piers and railings. These form an original early Victorian cast-iron scheme and very few such groups of gate piers, gates and railings survive intact in the East Riding as most were removed during the Second World War. The gates, gates piers and railings can be attributed to the Beverley iron founder William Crosskill whose firm was the major employer in the town in the mid 19th century. The gate pillars are identical to those at the entrance to the Coronation Gardens, North Bar Within, Beverley. The gates and railings were restored by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council in 2015.
The Parish Hall was gifted to the village in 1952. In the last couple of years the Parish Hall Committee has raised funding to extensively refurbish and modernise the Hall premises. The Social Club has 2 full-sized snooker tables, a licensed bar and it provides Saturday night live entertainment or quiz nights as well as a fortnightly Bingo sessions and the occasional darts tournaments. The Hall is
home to 2 archery clubs and an indoor bowls club.
St Mary's Church, which is surrounded by its churchyard in the north-east corner of the village, is a large, medieval building, with tower. It was largely built out of cobbles, but has an early brick clerestory and later south porch. Exhibiting some fragments of Norman work (including a priest's door), it principally dates from the 13th to the 15th centuries, and was restored in 1892. Inside are two noteworthy brasses: on the south side of the chancel the fragments of a (rare) bracket-brass, and on the north side more substantial, full-size brasses to John St Quintin, a former Lord of the Manor, and his wife. The church has been designated a Grade I listed building.
On the village green is a Grade II listed medieval market cross. It was the site of a weekly Thursday market and an annual fair. The market ceased in the 18th century. The Brandesburton cross, probably erected in the 14th century, is the best preserved medieval village cross in the East Riding. The top of the shaft was once richly decorated with the figures of two angels standing back to back with their hands in an attitude of prayer. These have long since worn away leaving only the base and the ten foot high octagonal shaft. In the 19th century the village stocks stood against the cross and it was a regular meeting place for the Holderness Hunt. The base of the cross was restored in 2011 with funding from LEADER Coast, Wolds, Wetlands & Waterways programme.